In order to distribute a DJ mix to Apple Music, you'll need to meet a few metadata requirements. Here's what you need to know to successfully deliver a DJ mix.
Just to be clear, A DJ mix is "an album containing multiple tracks overlaid or otherwise mixed together for continuous play."
1. DJ Mix albums must NOT be delivered as a single audio file. It does need to be delivered as separate tracks.
2. The release must list the DJ or artist at the album level and identify them as primary.
3. Tracks that appear on DJ mixes must list the original artists as primary.
4. DJ Mix albums must include a title version of "(DJ Mix)" in the album-level version information.
5. Mixed tracks appearing on a DJ Mix must include the title version [Mixed] after all other version information.
Here's an example:
|4 To the Floor Presents Nu Groove (DJ Mix)
|Luke Solomon (Primary)
|Tech Trax Inc. (Xplanitory Mix) [Mixed]
|Tech Trax Inc. (Primary)